Ransomware that crippled Hollywood Presbyterian Hospital made national headlines but ransomware continues to be a major menace for small to midsize businesses.
A print shop in Lubbock, Texas was shut down last week due to ransomware. An employee opened an infected file and ransomware took control of the network.
Ransomware is rapidly becoming one of the largest threats to businesses in 2016. Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you prepared if your organization becomes a victim of ransomware?
- Are all your files backed up? Do you have disaster recovery plans?
- Have you done everything you can to prevent ransomware?
- Have you educated your employees on spotting ransomware?
- Do you have enough cyber insurance? Does it cover ransomware attacks?
Free HIPAA Security Training!
All Covered Entities and Business Associates need to train their employees on HIPAA security. We now offer free online HIPAA security training for Covered Entities and Business Associates. Find out more about our free training and send the information to ALL your colleagues and Business Associates.
Now it is easy to train your employees on protecting patient information!